Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 29 - Coldspring, TX to Silsbee, TX (Hi, Hi, Hi)

Miles Today: 71.63; Total Miles: 1950.7

Today was a very nice bike ride. I rode many miles on smooth roads with a wide shoulder. It was quite enjoyable. The only odd thing that happened today was that one of the roads that I was on had a bike ride charity event going on because I passed hundreds of bike riders going in the opposite direction. For probably 30 - 45 minutes I spent my time waving and saying hi to all of them. I'll tell you, that was interesting. After a while I didn't want to do it anymore but I didn't want to be rude so I said hi to all of them.

I was pleasantly surprised to arrive in Silsbee and find a McDonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut and KFC. It is nice to be in a town that has franchises. Eating at the local restaurants are nice but sometimes you just want to eat somewhere that you can trust.

Tomorrow I plan to be out of Texas, FINALLY! My next destination is Deridder, LA about 70 miles away. They are expecting severe thunderstorms in Southeast Texas and Louisiana so I might have to stay another night in Silsbee. We will see.

No comments: