Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 43 - Madison, FL to High Springs, FL (Let's Make It A Habit)

Miles Today: 72.14; Total Miles: 2938.6

Once I noticed that my hotel was 6 miles off the route, I decided to find a better way to High Springs. I decided to continue south on US 53 and then pickup SR 27 which goes directly into High Springs. The ACA map had a distance for this section of 80.5 miles. I was hoping with the luck I had yesterday with a shorter distance that the same would be true on today's trip. As you can see from my daily mileage, I did save a few miles although it wasn't as much as yesterday.

Not knowing what SR 27 looked like was making me a little nervous but in the end it had the same size shoulder as US 90 so I was really happy to ride on it also.

I had a pretty easy day. The temperature of the mid 70s allowed me to ride without a shirt on so I was really happy to feel the breeze against my skin. I took it easy and arrived in good spirits around 12:45 pm.

My motel was only $40 and although it looked like a dive from the outside, the inside was bigger than my living room in my Cincinnati apartment. It was also not designed like a motel room. It looked more like an apartment. It had a full size refrigerator, microwave and a loft above the bathroom. The ceiling of the room was exposed showing it's wooden support beams. I've stayed in so many motels during the trip. Most of the time I can tie the price to the look of the room but this one didn't match up.

That night I had a really good pizza at the local pizza shop. It reminded my of good ol' Westgate Pizza in Bethlehem, PA.

No comments: