Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 37 - Silver Run Lake, MS to Bayou La Batre, AL (Raining and COLD)

Miles Today: 107.56; Total Miles: 2501.6

This morning I started out groggy and grouchy, as usual. I knew within the first 2 miles that I made a MAJOR mistake in my directions. I had on my directions that the first turn would come at the 2 mile mark. I wrote this down on my paper wrong; it actually was at the 12 mile mark. Oh boy, what a boo boo. My day was supposed to be 97 miles today but with this mistake it would take me over 100 miles again. I was NOT happy, let me tell ya. After a half an hour doing circles, I finally figured it out and was on my way. However, I had to ride an extra 10 miles not really sure that my road would be there. That was not any fun.

I took a break at the 46 mile mark for lunch and called my mom. I was not in a good mood. I was drained of energy, mentally and physically. I knew I had another 60 miles to do too so at that point I just shook my head and said, "What can you do?" Luckily, my cheeseburger and fries gave me A LOT of energy and I was able to recover physically. I made it to Bayou La Batre in a lot better mood. I was very tired though and just rested as much as I could. This is my last day that I plan to go over 100 miles too so I was glad it was over.

1 comment:

Georganne said...

Good job Mike!
It was great seeing you and I look forward to staying in touch.
Now for your next adventure.....finding a job and deciding on a place to call home. Good luck.
Georganne and family