Miles Today: 84.51; Total Miles: 2731.2
What a GREAT day today...
It was a clear sky with temperatures in the 70s. I was finally able to ride with my shirt off and I LOVED it. The route was just on US 90 the whole day so although my original destination was Chipley which was only 68.5 miles, I decided to keep going until I hit Marianna. Marianna is a bigger city than Chipley so I thought that if I do get stuck because of the rain, I would rather be stuck in Marianna because there are more stores there...AND it has a Public Library where I can blog!
I had a really easy time riding and with no wind at all I got to Marianna without much trouble. Hopefully tomorrow I can avoid some of the rain but I told my mom that my plan is to make it to St. Augustine on Tuesday so I want to ride through the rain if I'm able.
I can't believe this adventure is almost over.
Thanks for reading the blogs folks, it really means a lot to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Mike,
I have really been enjoying reading your blog about your adventures--sorry I haven't commented sooner on them.
You are an excellent writer--maybe you should think about a career change?
Some of your stories make me nervous and I can't imagine how your Mom is dealing with it!
Take care and have a great rest of your trip,
Amy
This is your mom -- the weather lady, just to let you know I do not need "exciting -- and those hair-raising episodes" anymore.
Seriously, way to go Mike -- a great adventure.
See you soon.
Mom
Hey Mike, I can't believe you are already in Florida. Actually, I was there last week in Madeira Beach. You are almost done! Just don't run over alligators or be eaten by one of those!!! Keep up your great work. I tell many people about you. I wish I could join you.
Post a Comment