Miles Today: 79.37; Total Miles: 936.1
This is the day I entered Texas. I spent the morning riding for my life trying to get away from dogs. I must have outrun maybe 7 dogs! I actually carry a product called 'Halt!' that is pretty much pepper spray. It is sold in bike stores. They say that the Postal workers also use it. Well, fortunately I have not had to use it. I was able to outrun the dogs to this point although I have to say I had some close calls.
I travelled through El Paso. All I remember about that town is that it was a very long stretch through a lot of street lights. I kept asking people along the road for directions because I HATE having to backtrack. Unfortunately, I took a wrong turn because of a road closure and detours. Luckily, I didn't get too far off track though.
After El Paso I ended up at the Fabens Inn in Fabens, TX. It was a small motel but nice. Where else would the Fabens Inn be anyway?
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment